Jan 24, 2015

Practice Makes Perfect (Skiing experience can tell)

I always believe that Practice Makes Perfect, and there are many ways to prove this belief.
Today I am going to tell the example of proving this belief– from my skiing experience. 
This weekend I went skiing with my friends, Evan, Allen, and my boyfriend Lester.
This was not the first time I went to ski, but only the third times. Since my hometown, Taiwan, a tropical island don't snow at all, I never ski before I moved to the U.S. However, the last time I skied was like two years ago, I can't remember how to ski at all. 
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
This time I thought that I have the skiing experience, so I won't have to spend too much time on practicing, and I can just go to the intermediate level of uphill to ski. Nevertheless, I was so wrong, I should practice as many times as I could. When me and my friends arrived the uphill, I can't even imagine how I survived from getting off the ski lift. I fall down while I tried to make a big jump to get off the ski lift. But this is just a piece of cake compare to what happened after. The first challenge came, the most precipitous ski slope I ever skied before. I forgot how to make a break and can't control myself to keep going the wrong way. I tried to brake, but I almost skidded into the wood. I spent like 30 minutes on this incline, and I keep falling down. Also, I roll for a while when I fall. I was exhausted, I sprained my ankle a little bit, and my bottom hurts due to the crusty snow. But in a good way, there were so many nice people help me out. After the first incline, which totally scared me out, I started to get better and better. Although I couldn't stop falling down from the hill, I was able to control the way I am going. Lastly, I arrived the destination safely. At that moment, I felt that I just came back from a thrilling adventure. 
After, I thought about "Why the first and second time I skied was so well, even I went up to the intermediate ski slope?" -The lack of practice is the biggest reason that cause the issue! I remember that I did practice a lot, and I made sure that I were able to ski well before I went to the intermediate level. 



  Photo Credit: Allen.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––Although it sure is a thrilling adventure, I have all my friends with me and they supported me a lot! It was a nice trip and good experience, which reminded me that I should not forgot my belief. "Practice Makes Perfect." More practice will never hurts me, on the other hand, it will help me to be more capable of things I am practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment